Friday

The Groomsmen

Viet and Pete. During high school football season, I would bring these guys water.

Best Man, Petros aka Peter.

Peter and I have known each other since middle school, and played high school football together, actually he played, I watched from the bench (Damn you Coach Nance!). He's a proud Greek American, and claims to be a descendent of Zeus, the Greek God of the sky. When he's not firing lightning from his eyes, he's in school studying to become a doctor.



Mike and some lady with a big stick .

Best Man Part Deux, Mike.

Mike and I are cousins, kinda and have known each other since we were kids. We both went to UCI and joined the same fraternity. He and I shared a bedroom in Newport that eventful year when I met Erica. I like to also take credit for introducing him to his wife Joanne when we were in college.

Viet putting the moves on Erica.

Groomsman Viet.

Viet and I first met in middle school when he wanted to kick my butt while I was waiting in line for sloppy joes in the school cafeteria. We eventually worked things out and became close friends in high school and even fraternity brothers in college.

Danny flashing gang signs to his birthday cake.

Groomsman Danny.

Probably the second best dancer I know (I'm first), Danny is the perpetual bachelor. We went to college together and were roommates for two years on 29th street in Newport Beach. Danny loves Myspace, Facebook, and my face. If you ever need to find the guy during the wedding, it's a safe bet to look towards the dance floor...where I'll be giving him lessons on how to "Serve" and not "Get Served".


John Jo, about 3 and half minutes before he curls up and falls asleep.

Groomsman John.

John and his now fiance Tiffany were the ones who risked their lives along with Mike and Joanne holding up the giant "Will U Marry Me" sign. Not only were they atop a bridge 30 feet above the water, but the gusting winds made that awesome sign an even awesomer sail, and if that wasn't enough... rain was beginning to soak the hundreds of Christmas lights that were connected to a car battery.


Chris demonstrating his crane kick.

Groomsman Chris.

Erica's baby brother is currently a sophomore at UCLA in the school of arts. From what Erica has told me about Chris, he used to be in Karate when he was younger and liked chasing squirrels at the park. Since our wedding's going to be outdoors, maybe he can use his knowledge of martial arts to knock down a tree and get to those wiley rodents.

No comments: